The other day I read a story in the newspaper that I hope will make you THINK! A woman in the state of Washington returned home from her work in a restaurant at 3:AM Sunday morning to find her four children, ages 12, 10, 8, and 7, dead in their beds of asphyxiation. One of them had turned on the gas stove without lighting it. But that isn't all. A fifth child 4 years old had burned to death last year. And her husband has recently been confined in a tuberculosis sanitarium! A year ago, she was a happy wife and mother, with her husband and five children! Most of you are having troubles of some kind. Many of you are complaining or grumbling. But few, if any, of you have ever had to suffer such tragedy as came to this woman in Washington. Yet this ought to give us all something to think about!
Please click the above PDF icon(s) to view or download the full Magazine Article in PDF format.