Purchase of the church building at Eugene, Oregon, increasing opposition, and rapid growth of the work are related in this 33rd installment. It was now spring, 1935. We had severed all direct or official ties with the Oregon conference [Church of God with headquarters Stanberry, Missouri, identified in Rev. 3:1-6 as the "Sardis" church], though we endeavored to maintain a friendly Christian fellowship relation with them. The new Church of God had been organized late in 1933, meeting at the Jeans country schoolhouse, 12 miles west of Eugene, Oregon. The "Three Point Campaign" of radio, publishing, and evangelistic campaigns was now well under way. The "Radio Church of God" program had started on the air, on Eugene's little 100 watt KORE, the first Sunday in 1934.
Please click the above PDF icon(s) to view or download the full Magazine Article in PDF format.