Imagine living in a world with newspaper headlines such as these:
"Streets Safe Day or Night!"
"'Incurable' Diseases Cured!"
"Zero Divorce Rate!"
"Wild Animals Become Tame!"
"Military Drafts Eliminated!"
"World Peace at Last!"
Does it all sound too good to be true?
Your Bible foretells that a literal utopia will soon become reality on this earth — very likely in your lifetime!
Before we learn some of the exciting details of what this new world will be like, be sure to get your Bible, a pen or pencil and some paper. Reading and writing out the Bible verses that answer the questions asked in this study will help you remember the amazing things you'll be learning.
Let's first understand how this golden age will begin.
Wild Animals Become Tame!" That's not a headline you see in the newspaper — yet! 1. Will Jesus Christ, who is now at His Father's throne in heaven, return to this earth and set up the world-ruling government of God? Matthew 24:21-22, 29-30, Zechariah 14:3-4, 9, Daniel 2:44.
The perplexing problems of today's world — such as the threat of nuclear war, famine, poverty, immorality, crime , pollution and slums — have proven too big for humanity to solve. But the solutions are coming soon.
The Bible shows that after a period of great world trouble (called the Great Tribulation), Jesus Christ will return to prevent humanity from completely destroying itself. Christ will then set up the government of God on earth.
2. Will those who survive the coming time of trouble want to learn God's way of life? Isaiah 2:2-4, 11:9. Will they come to see "eye to eye" — to cooperate with one another? Isaiah 52:7-8.
In the world tomorrow, God's way of giving, helping and serving will spread everywhere as people are taught to live God's way of life. All crime, war, sickness and poverty will vanish as people learn to follow the way of God's law.
3. Where will the world headquarters of God's government the future capital of the earth be established? Zechariah 8:3, Jeremiah 3:17. Will it be an example to the entire world? Isaiah 62:1-2, 7.
The city of Jerusalem will become the headquarters of God's world government. No city of the past or present could equal the splendor and magnificence it will have.
4. What will the cities of tomorrow be like? Amos 9:14, Zechariah 1:17, Isaiah 60:18. Will there be happiness and joy in these cities? Zechariah 8:4-5, Jeremiah 33:10-11.
After Jesus Christ returns, many of the cities of this world, which will have been destroyed during the coming Great Tribulation, are going to be rebuilt (Ezekiel 36:33-35, Isaiah 61:4). Although we don't know many of the details of what these cities will be like, we do know that they will be well planned, because "God is not the author of confusion" (I Corinthians 14:33).
The Bible also shows that there will be no poverty or violence in the new cities of tomorrow. And the evils that now result from overcrowding will not exist, because there simply will be no overcrowding (Isaiah 5:8).
5. Will the old waste places and deserts be made fertile, and will beautiful forests spread in tomorrow's world? Read and summarize Isaiah 41:17-20, 35:1-2, 6-7.
Just imagine such a fabulous scene. Dry, sandy deserts will become green, fertile gardens of grass, trees and shrubs, with bubbling springs and brooks!
Today, most of the earth is unproductive — only about 10 percent of the land surface is actually good for growing food. There are many deserts, mountainous regions and wildernesses.
In the world tomorrow, much of the earth's land surface will become productive. Beautiful forests, farming areas, fish-filled lakes and streams will be found all over the world, with no more polluted rivers or ravaged landscapes.
6. Will there be one universal language
How would you like to have a pet bear or viper? In the world tomorrow, you could! (Photos by Kevin Blackburn)understood and spoken by everyone in the world tomorrow? Zephaniah 3:9.
One of the major barriers to cooperation among peoples and nations is lack of understanding. Can you imagine the advantages when all people everywhere can speak, read and write in one common language?
7. Will people own property in tomorrow's world and receive fair rewards for work they put in? Micah 4:4, Isaiah 62:8-9, 65:21-22.
8. Will God cause the laws of nature to help those who obey Him? Ezekiel 34:26-27, Malachi 3:10-12, Isaiah 30:23-24. Will there be great rejoicing about the abundance of crops and cattle? Jeremiah 31:12. Will there actually be a superabundance of food? Amos 9:13.
God will cause ideal weather to bless people for doing what He says. No longer will there be upset weather, droughts, floods, insect damage or agricultural diseases.
9. Will people live without fears or worries? Look at Micah 4:4 again.
Life will be enjoyable, comfortable and satisfying for people living in the world tomorrow, as they reap the benefits of living God's way of life.
10. What about the health of those who live in tomorrow's world? Will the deaf, blind, lame and dumb be miraculously healed? Isaiah 33:24, 35:5-6, Jeremiah 30:17.
Sickness and disease plague millions in the world today. But in the wonderful world tomorrow, the miraculous healing of all diseases and the teaching and practice of God's laws of health will result in radiant health for everyone!
11. Will God even change the nature of wild animals so that they will be peaceful? Isaiah 11:6-8.
Imagine living in a world where animals such as the bear and lion are tame and friendly. No one will be afraid to take a walk in the forest at night or accidentally step on a poisonous snake!
12. Will God's Spirit be available to all in the world tomorrow? Ezekiel 36:26-27, 11:19-20, Joel 2:28-29.
The Holy Spirit — God's own nature of outgoing concern for others (I John 4:16, Romans 5:5) — will be available to everyone. Because of having and using His Spirit, people will come to truly love God and fellowman. It is this change in human nature that will make tomorrow's world so wonderful.
Many of you now reading this study will live on into this new world of peace, happiness and abundance. You will have a chance to be pioneers in the wonderful world tomorrow!
In this short study, we have seen only a brief glimpse of what conditions will be like in the world tomorrow. To learn more, be sure to read our colorful free book, The Wonderful World Tomorrow - What It Will Be Like.