In this upside-down, "gotta-have-a-gimmick" society with its 400-plus differing denominations all claiming to be the true servants of God, it is hard to know who's who and what's what. And so many of our readers are understandably confused about one of the most basic Christian principles or doctrines — tithing. Many have asked: "Where do I pay my tithes?" Before we answer this question, there is something God wants us all to understand about the ten percent of "our" income which we call "our tithes." IT ISN'T OURS! There is a great God, a Supreme Being, the Creator of heaven and earth. He owns everything. "The earth is the Lord's and the fulness thereof; the world, and they that dwell therein" (Psalm 24:1). God doesn't need anything from us. Everything we could amass in a lifetime would mean absolutely nothing to Him. All that all the nations of the world have ever put together in all history would not amount to a thing in God's sight. "All nations before God are as nothing; and they are counted to him as less than nothing and vanity" (Isa. 40:17). Man, with all he has, is NOTHING. This is sobering, but it is the truth. So the question, "Where do I pay MY tithes?" is frankly inaccurate, because "our tithes" AREN'T OURS! They belong to God — along with everything else in existence, including our very lives. But our loving Father, who has created us in His image for the purpose of eventually becoming His literal Sons, has given us the supreme opportunity to help Him in His worldwide Work. We can become partners with God — as incredible as that may sound. God owns everything, but He is willing to share. So He allows us to use HIS earth. God has allowed man to use His property — with this one condition. God commands us to give back to Him ten percent of all we produce. God says to man: "You may keep 90% for yourself. All I require is one tenth." God is willing to share on a 90-to-10 basis. What an example of selflessness! God promises His servants life and life more abundantly (John 10:10). It is only when people misappropriate the first 10% of their incomes that God fails to prosper them on the remaining 90%. But if we do give God His rightful 10%) then God has promised to so bless us that our 90% will be stretched far beyond the original 100%. It's amazing! And it must be tried to be believed. "Honour the Eternal with thy substance, and with the firstfuits of all thine increase: so shall thy barns be filled with plenty, and thy presses shall burst out with new wine" (Prov. 3:9- 10). Those who have been faithfully paying tithes have proved that God means what He says: "Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the Eternal of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it" (Mal. 3:10). Many of our readers have come to understand this basic truth — that we are required to pay 10% of our income to God. So they then ask: "Where do I send my tithes?" The answer is simple — give God what is rightfully His. Give God's tithes to the ones God has chosen to fulfill His commission. Put God's resources into God's Work. It's as simple as that. Without doubt the most important identifying sign of God's Work on earth is that it will be fulfilling God's commission to preach (Matt. 24:14) and publish (Mark 13:10) the Gospel of the Kingdom of God as a witness to all nations before the end of this age. There has never been a greater need to reach this dying world with God's lifesaving warning. And there is only one Work on the earth today performing that task. There is only one Work proclaiming the Good News of Tomorrow's World! That work is this Work. But you must prove it for yourself. Don't believe us — believe your Bible. Read Matthew 24:14 and Mark 13:10. Find out where God is working today. Find out where God's tithe will be used for God's Work.