In the face of BAD NEWS in newspapers and newscasts, I BRING YOU GOOD NEWS!
The tithes, offerings and efforts YOU and I are putting into this groat Work, as co-workers with the living Jesus Christ, are PRODUCING RICH FRUIT FOR GOD'S KINGDOM! When our lives and efforts please God, He BLESSES US — and He is richly blessing us now!
Let me give you a brief report on the results of your efforts, your tithes and offerings, your prevailing PRAYERS — and MINE — so far in this new year, 1982. What RESULTS has God given for our sacrifice, prayers and efforts?
I have just received the following report from our Mail Processing Center here at Pasadena:
· The 1982 year-to-date telephone response to the telecast stands at 85,342 calls. This is a 658 percent increase over the same period in 1981. Also, this total almost equals one half of all TV calls received during the entirety of 1981.
At this rate of growth, we expect that all records for telephone response will be broken within a few months.
· The first airing on WNEW (New York) pulled excellent response. This past weekend, our newest television station, WNEW (Channel 5 in New York), pulled 257 calls, 93 percent of which were from first-time callers.
This is unusually good for the first time a station airs the program. Already it stands as the third largest pulling station we have, topping the response of 126 other stations.
· Total calls from all other sources are also increasing. At the present rate of growth, the total number of calls from all sources is expected to reach 750,000 by the end of the year.
· Nearly 200,000 new people were added to the subscription list. This is an all-time high for the first two months of any year since the Work began.
· Outgoing mail (including literature and all publications combined) was up 62 percent over January and February of last year.
· Incoming mail was up 46 percent.
· U.S. PLAIN TRUTH circulation, including the newsstand program, was almost three million in February, which was an 81 percent increase.
· By the end of last week, more than 19,000 youths (16 percent) requested a full subscription to YOUTH 82 in response to the semiannual letter that offered a sample issue.
THINK OF IT! 85,342 telephone calls SO FAR THIS YEAR! Think how many people it takes to just answer that many telephone calls! And many of those calling take time to ask questions or seek spiritual counseling and help!
The PLAIN TRUTH total circulation, worldwide, in all languages, is around four and a half MILLION copies, read by from 10 to 14 MILLION people all around the world.
On my recent Far East tour, I spoke to good-sized groups of PLAIN TRUTH subscribers in Hong Kong (mostly or all Chinese), Bangkok (all Thais) and Tokyo (all Japanese). These people not only read The PLAIN TRUTH, but they were interested in God's truth to the extent they came to hear my personal message as well. And in Manila, besides speaking to the Rotary Club and the Founders' Club (1,000 present), audiences of 4,200 and 4,500 came to the Philippine International Convention Center to hear my message in person.
Hundreds of thousands and millions all over the world are hearing the one TRUE GOSPEL MESSAGE, which was NOT PROCLAIMED to the world from about the year A.D. 53 until 1953, when my voice carried it to all Europe over the world's most powerful radio station, Radio Luxembourg.
GOD IS BLESSING HIS WORK, which Jesus Christ is now carrying on solely THROUGH US!
Let's increase our zeal, our interest in God's Work, our PRAYERS — and even our financial support! God is blessing us so we do not have to go to the bank to borrow at such high interest rates. Let's serve Him so He'll KEEP IT THAT WAY! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!